Thursday, December 3, 2009

All the Time in Our World

My novel ("All the Time in Our World") is now available (and selling!) on Kindle. OK, as if this writing I have sold a grand total of 4 copies. That may not sound like much--especially in a world where politicians and athletes sell a billion copies of their ghost-written autobiographies--but considering I don't know anyone who owns a Kindle and I have no skills at marketing, 4 books impresses me.

If I had four cousins who had Kindles, for instance, that would answer my question as to who is buying. While I may well have four cousins with Kindles, I don't know about them and don't email my cousins, anyway.

As a result, I'm trying this "media blitz" of blogging and web-siting (see me at garisonfitch.com and www.tuttles.net) to try to a] promote and sell more books and 2] find out who is reading them.

It's not just this new book, either. I have four other books available on Amazon ("First Time--The Legend of Garison Fitch, book 1"; "Saving Time--The Legend of Garison Fitch, book 2" and "Lost Time--The Legend of Garison Fitch, book 3" available in both paperback and electronic formats and "Psalm 88" available only in e-format) and I sell 15-20 electronic copies (with a high of 28 copies in July!) and 2-3 paperback editions a month and I have no idea who's buying any of them!

I have a little clue as to "why". Of the five books now available, in the last six months I have sold over 100 copies of the four books about time travel and 1 (count it, ONE!) copy of "Psalm 88". This tells me that people are looking for--and buying--books about time travel and aren't interested in books about overcoming addiction. Who can blame them? (Though, in all fairness and with no semblance of being unbiased, "Psalm 88" is a really good book!)

No comments:

Post a Comment